Thursday, February 26, 2009

What we've been up to . . .

I've been thinking all day today about how I need to blog and why has it been so long? I found out as soon as I sat down at the computer. Children. As soon as your bum hits the seat they either want to sit with you or play in the same room. Either way you get nothing done. As I'm typing Mick is playing with printer paper and absolutely peeved that he's not on my lap. So this is gonna be short.

Mick has been crawling since the last week of January. About two weeks ago he started pulling himself up and now he's starting to walk along furniture. Yesterday he briefly let go of one kitchen chair to quickly grab another one. He is into everything. He tries really hard to get into the bathtub all day and is fascinated with the toilet. He has two more teeth on top and loves to chew any kind of food (he never got into the baby food thing).


Sam is coping with cabin fever by playing with lots of friends and going to a community ed pre-school class once a week and attending play group once a week. We had play group at our house today and learned about how plants grow. It was fun to play in dirt and plant our seeds. Afterwards we enjoyed a snack of pudding, cookie crumbs and gummy worms. I think I have more fun planning the activities and snacks than the kids do making and eating them.






Some days Sam is just bored out of his mind and finds creative ways to entertain himself:



I've been enjoying the fact that Jeff started research last Monday and is home a lot more often. Other positives include a silent beeper, free weekends and holidays, and I can get a hold of him anytime during the day since he's not in surgery. An added bonus was on Tuesday when I had a doctors appointment in the morning - Jeff stayed home to watch the kids then went to work (and stayed) a little later. AMAZING! Sam took this picture today:

I'm trying to combat cabin fever by also playing with friends and getting our house ready for new carpet. Yea! We tore out our bookcase last weekend to open up the living room and force the toys downstairs. I had to fix the wall where it was attached and it turned out pretty good. Jeff ripped up the carpet a few days ago. Now we just wait for the install.




Well that was longer than I thought. Hopefully pictures of the new carpet will be up soon.


P.S. it snowed pretty good today (school was cancelled). A few of my Rochester friends left this week for Florida rotations. LUCKY! Take me with you!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

great post! it's great to hear what you've been up to! fun pictures!

Paul/Heather said...

I saw a lame chick flick, New in Town, I have a WHOLE new respect for you and cabin fever. I struggle here in Utah....but DANG!
love you