I’ve had several people ask me about how I scrapbook digitally. Here’s my technique in a nutshell. Jeff bought me Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for Christmas last year. Wonder how he’ll top that this year? I’ve never taken a course or even done a Photoshop tutorial so I know that I’m not maximizing all the incredible features this program can do. I mostly use it to edit photos (remove red eye, crop, adjust lighting or color, fix blemishes) and as a work space for my scrapbook layouts. I buy digital scrapbooking kits from various websites. Here are some of my favorites:
http://scraporchard.com
http://www.theshabbyshoppe.com/scripts/homepage.asp
http://digifree.blogspot.com/
(This stuff is all free.)
http://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/
http://mistycato.wordpress.com/
(She also does Photoshop tutorials.)
There are so many others and most all of them offer “freebies” which are small, free downloads.
These images are zipped so you can download them relatively quickly. The files are mostly saved as .jpg or .png which open in Photoshop and have great resolution. Once in Photoshop you can manipulate them and place them anywhere you like. Photoshop allows you to create “layers” on your project so virtually anything is possible in the editing realm. It’s really hard to explain with words. It’s much easier to see in person. If you’re still interested, let me know.
Creating is one part, printing is another. I’m currently researching the printing options so if you have questions let me know and I’ll expound whatever knowledge I have acquired.
So far it’s looking like $2.00 for a 12” x 12” layout
10 years ago
1 comment:
Seriously, reading that it kinda sounded like my embroidery designs that I have been purchasing... Kinda funny. One day I'll use you to teach me digital scrapbooking - but for now, I'm just using you for everything else... :)
My little project girl!
Post a Comment