Thursday, April 15, 2010

Swimming Lessons: Explorer I

Sam, our tadpole...
Sam is a whole head shorter than everyone else in his class. It doesn't hold him back. He is the only one that will try to swim from the teacher to the wall from about three feet away. I love that he's already holding his nose even though he's fourth in line.

The blue-haired life guard has it out for our little guy; he deserves it. He talks, and jumps, and splashes the entire lesson. She slowly gets up from her seat 7 or 8 times during the 30-minute lesson to tell him to zip it or put on his listening ears or keep both hands on the wall. One time he let go of the wall (probably to spite her) and sunk to the bottom. The teacher meandered over to him, lifted him to the surface, and then reminded him why she had the "two hands on the wall" rule. He was only slightly fazed. I think he's an adrenaline junkie...seriously.
Two seconds after I shot this video the life guard came over and reprimanded Sam for being disruptive. I wish I would have captured it on film. It did as much good as the warning (evil) eyes I gave him the entire time.



Mick, our vampire...

(Maybe I should stop watching New Moon for a few weeks. Fat chance. I'm already counting down until Eclipse comes to the theater.)

3 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Carrie your kids are so cute. That is so funny about the life guard sometimes having a stranger say it is all you need!

Tasha said...

Wow, your scrapbook pages are amazing! I am glad that Sam can eat peanuts now--I am sure you are so happy!

Ammon and Tara said...

That is so cute Carrie! It makes me miss teaching swimming to little kids. Oh so fun. That is so funny that he comes off the wall all the time, I remember that, those kids were the best. haha.