I blogged.
I think I can safely say that after seven months we've reached our new "normal." At the least everyone is fed (even if it's vitamin fortified cereal), everyone is dressed (even if we have pajama days), bums are dry, and the house is somewhat in order.
So here's to all my die-hard blogger fans who haven't given up on me. I've picked 25 photos to summarize the last five months of our lives. Enjoy!
Christmas came and went. My parents, sister, and nephew came to visit us. It was great to have family and catch up on sleep. Here is Max in Christmas jammies sucking his thumb. So cute. The next picture is what grocery shopping is like with twin babies. Push a stroller and pull a cart. Thankfully the Relief Society in my ward has put together a "Save Carrie From Losing It at Target" service project. Somebody comes every Tuesday morning to watch the babies while Sam and Mick are at school so I can shop in peace. And oh how peaceful it is.
Sam turned six in December and lost his first tooth in January. He had it pulled because it was diseased. He didn't care. He just wanted the money from that little fairy that flits in the night.
This picture of Lucy and Max was taken in January. It's one of my favorites because you can tell so much about their personalities just from looking at them. She is so happy and sweet. He is crazy and wants to move, move, move.
Winter was awesome! By awesome I mean there was hardly any snow, hardly any shoveling, and hardly any days when you just want to die because it's so freezing cold outside. It was a stark contrast to last winter when we had record breaking snowfall. This picture of Jeff and Mick sledding shows how much snow we had. NONE! Sam is the the little green speck in the upper left.
Mick had his Special Day at pre-school in March. It was fun to spend the morning with him in his element. Love this kid:
The babies started eating "solid" food a few weeks ago. Lucy loved the rice cereal and Max hated it. Max loved the green beans and peas, but Lucy hated those. Miraculously if you mix the two together they will both tolerate it. It takes about 45 minutes to feed them and Max is NOT patient. He gets pretty upset when he sees Lucy get a spoonful instead of him.
Lucy sees an opthamologist next week. Her left eye likes to hang out toward her nose.
My mom came out the week before Spring break to help out. We were able to finish the bathroom (FINALLY).
These babies love their baths. Just recently they've been taking them together. It's pretty hilarious - especially since Max is crawling everywhere. He just climbs right over Lucy to get to where he wants to go.
We sold the truck and got a 2012 Hyundai Accent. We're looking forward to saving money on gas and having a reliable vehicle.
Easter was fun. Jeff worked Easter morning so the kids and I searched for baskets and played until church started. After church we went to our friends' home for a wonderful Easter dinner and egg hunt.
That's the last few months in a very small nutshell. I'm going to try to blog more often, but don't hold your breath.
6 comments:
SO HAPPY YOU ARE ALIVE AND BLOGGING! I love your updates and I love your stories~ you are my hero.
Carrie,
You are amazing! I completely admire you! Can't wait to see you soon!!!
Carrie you need a puppie.
I'm glad your still alive after twins. They look so cute. Know that I think of you often
Cutest! I miss you!
I love this! and I seriously CAN'T believe your picture from Target! oh my goodness! Thank goodness for the RS! You are so cute Carrie. I love the updates!
Post a Comment