Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Story

Every year we do a family activity each night in December to invite the Christmas spirit into our home. One of the activities is to write and illustrate a Christmas story. Sam wrote this all by himself (Mick wasn't in the mood). You can tell Sam is starting to read in Kindergarten with his wonderful use of sight words:


Mom, Dad, Sammers, Mickers, Max, Lucy, and JoJo's Christmas
- Written and Illustrated by Samuel Scow -

Chapter One:

JoJo's Story

I am JoJo.
Am I little?
No. I am not little.
I like Christmas.

Chapter Two:

Once upon a time there was a game of football. And the Utes were winning. And the Cougars were losing. This was a Christmas present for the game of football. Max came and watched. And then the Cougars were winning and they only got one point before the rest. And then Lucy came and watched. Then Mom came and watched, and then Dad came and watched. Then Mick came and watched, and then Sam came and watched. And then the Utes got a Golden Star and won the game. The End.

This first picture is Lucy, Carrie, and Max watching the game.

This next picture is the scoreboard. The Cougars get an "X" and the Utes get a check mark.


I love how he put the little feathers on the U. It resembles the logo:



2 comments:

cassi said...

That is adorable! I love it. (even if I am a Cougar fan...) :)

Paul/Heather said...

just waiting for an update....please. :)