Thursday, July 31, 2008

Trav's Birthday Today!

Happy Birthday to you! Today is Travis' birthday. Travis is my sister's husband who has been a part of our family forever. Hope you have a good day today Trav! We're thinking of you and wishing you a very Happy Birthday. Here's some pages I scrapbooked this week showing how much we love you.





6 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

I love the scrap book pages that you have done.

JoAnna said...

you have such a good eye for good looking things. Seriously!! You are one talented woman. I love the way you decorated your home, now your blog and your scrapbook pages!! LOVE it! You are so hired!

Carrie said...

Thanks guys! I can't take all the credit though. I'm a big scrap lifter (kind of like shop lifting, but you steal other people's ideas). It saves time and they're more creative than me!

Nate and Heidi said...

Your scrapbooking is cool- what are the benefits over regular scrapbooking? Is it easy?

Ammon and Tara said...

you wanna do my scrap book? i will pay you! haha. your little new one is so dang cute!

Carrie said...

Heidi - sorry this is so late!
To answer your questions...the benefits over regular scrapbooking are 1) no mess, 2) nothing for kids to get into, 3) saves money in the long run, 4) limitless possibilities for embellishments and papers because you can make your own and match colors perfectly. The only con is that you have to pay someone to print your page (about $2 a page for 12 X 12) or it uses a lot of your own ink.

It's easy if you're familiar with a photo editing software like Photoshop. That's what I have...Photoshop Elements...it's the most basic but it does the trick.

You can get a lot of "freebies" online at places like http://digifree.blogspot.com or you can buy kits at various digital scrapbook stores.

I LOVE IT!!!! That's why I haven't checked my blog or others for a LONG TIME.