Monday, January 12, 2009

According to Weather.com

Can you tell I'm sick of the cold?

This is what the forcast looks like for the next few days. I love how they use "bitterly cold" as a professional description. I wish they would put the "feels like" temperature on here. Wind chill is what gets ya. Sometimes on the news the weatherman tells you how long you can stay outside, exposed, before you get frostbite. They do this for the kiddies who have to wait for buses. It's not unusual for the time to be 2 to 3 minutes.

Jan 12 Tonight
Snow this evening will give way to partly cloudy conditions late. Low -9F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 2 inches.

Jan 13 Tomorrow
Bitterly cold. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High around 0F. NW winds shifting to SSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Jan 13 Tomorrow night
Periods of snow. Low -7F. Winds SSE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 2 to 4 inches.

Jan 14 Wednesday
Snow showers possible. Highs in the mid single digits and lows -13 to -17F.

Jan 15 Thursday
Mix of sun and clouds. Highs -4 to -8F and lows -12 to -16F.

Jan 16 Friday
Snow showers at times. Highs in the low single digits and lows 0 to -4F.

5 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

COLD, I bet you are glad that you kid isn't waiting for the bus!!!

Michelle said...

girl! you have got to move out of that place! I would die! How long do you guys have to live there? or are you set there for the long haul?

Paul/Heather said...

I admire your ability to survive the winter there....if you can!
(Gary said you were raised in Utah sooooo he doesnt get it.)

Ammon and Tara said...

wow, i thought i was cold up here in idaho, but i got nothin on you guys! drink lots of hot chocolate!

Paul/Heather said...

hope everyone is feeling better!
Love ya