Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year! (Blog 2 of 2)

This is just a random assortment of pictures to show what we've been up to lately.

I made this . . . and love it! The pictures are all sepia tinted and are the cutest pictures of our little family. They border a statement released by the Prophet and Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints entitled "The Family: A Proclamation to the World." I wish you could see all the details . . . if ever you're in the neighborhood . . .

Jeff and I made this headboard Saturday evening. We stayed up until 2:00 a.m. to finish it. We didn't start constructing it until 8:30 p.m. We didn't know we were going to make it until 5:30 p.m. Talk about spur of the moment. I love it too!

I'm so proud of my matching buttons.


Sam is no longer in the nursery at church. He is an official sunbeam. He had a hard time sitting still because I was in the primary room helping out. I think he did well during class time (no news is good news, right?) He did really well though and I'm very proud of him. We actually got to sit in a pew at church this week. Last week they split our ward to make a fifth ward in the Rochester area. There were so many people in our ward that you had to show up really early if you wanted a comfy bench seat. We took these pictures before church.


Sam's sword fighting with the camera . . .

Then Sunday night we made homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner before shipping Jeff off the next morning for his Wisconsin rotation. Sam is quite the noodle chef.



And one more bit of our life - the fire. During our bout with the stomach flu a few weeks ago Sam started his first (and hopefully LAST fire) in our house. Jeff was on the phone with a patient, I was literally puking in the bathroom and Sam was curious about what would happen to a small, spiral-bound notebook if it was cooked in the toaster. Jeff heard the screaming before I did and ran into the kitchen. He found Sam holding a half-consumed, still flaming notebook in his hand and yelling for help. Jeff grabbed the notebook and threw it into the kitchen sink - all the while still having a conversation on the phone. I was oblivious to the whole incident until I emerged from the restroom and went to see why Sam was crying. I immediately smelled smoke and saw the smoldering paper all over. He was so scared that he had held onto it while it was burning. Luckily he wasn't hurt. Hopefully he was plenty scared never to do it again. We have a new rule in the house. Always unplug and put the toaster away IMMEDIATELY after you use it. I don't know why I keep forgetting to blog about that incident, except that maybe I'm just blocking it from memory and so grateful it didn't end worse than it did.


7 comments:

Mrs Starling said...

Love the pics of the boys together...they're adorable!! :)

Kristin said...

Man what a fire story, I love that dad kept talking and took care of business at the same time. Impressive.

kateworthi said...

What an awesome heardboard! I've been thinking about making our own bed and headboard for a while - you've given me inspiration. Did you have a headboard before? Looks super good. I'd love to see it in real life.

The pics of the boys are adorable!!!! I hope you survive without Jeff at least for this week. Call me!!!

Nikki said...

We NEED another craft night! I really want you to help me make one of those proclamation frames! Beautiful headboard!

Michelle said...

hey girl...we've known since September, but I just told my siblings when I was there for Christmas...so it wasn't ever announced before that to keep it a surprise. your bed looks great!

JoAnna said...

You are so stinking amazing! Homemade noodles, a gorgeous headboard in a matter of hours, amazing photography, and two gorgeous boys. What a woman!

Shellie said...

Your boys are SO super cute! And you my friend are SO super crafty...love the projects!