Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mick's Destruction List



"A boy is God's way of telling you your house is too clean." This quote is so true, but I think it equally applies to girls. I'm of the persuasion that boys are more destructive than they are messy. I know there are always exceptions, but based on my own observations (and my own boys) this is my conclusion. And this is Mick's destruction list:


February 2009 - Carrie's glasses.

March 24, 2009 - lamp shade. Seriously, this is the 3rd lamp shade we've bought for this lamp. The original was glass and bit the dust with Sam. Mick pulled the lamp over the other night and bent the shade. Now we have to keep it behind a table like we did when Sam was younger. I'm not going to replace it again. It's just going to be a constant reminder that nothing is safe.





March 26, 2009 - stapler. He pulled it apart and broke a key plastic piece that keeps the spring in place.

4 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Carrie, I know your the mom so its not funny to you but I think that it is very funny about your two boys you have your hands full. It looks like you have had a busy fun month.

Whitney said...

Funny, I had just read this quote in a book I'm reading when I saw your post:

"One solution ... for the house of the future is to have a place called a ‘dirty room.’ This would be equipped with appliances for all cleaning problems, and into it would be dumped everything dirty. But in most American homes the way to have a dirty room is to have a small boy; that’s the way we worked it for a number of happy years." — E. B. White, Essays of E.B. White

Mimi and Papa Scow said...

Carrie,
Sorry to hear about the furnace. We loved the pictures of your new painted rooms and our wonderful but busy grandchildren. They sound a lot like their father and his brothers. Keep up the good work. Love, Mom and Dad in Idaho

Paul/Heather said...

I love your updates...I wish they were daily. I can hear you talking when I read your blog...you crack me up...and give me hope that I have a CHANCE of survival with my busy bee.