Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring in Minnesota

Okay, okay. I promise this is my last gripe about the weather. A week ago we went to a nature center to feed the fish and take a walk. Maybe the weather looked nice that morning, but it didn't feel nice when we got there. We bundled up and stubbornly went on our walk despite the chilly breeze. It's spring dang it. I want to go outside. Here's my mad face:



The pond was still thawing and had a lot of large ice chunks in it:



Large ice chunks + Jeff = trouble:



Large ice chunks + Jeff + Sam = Cold Karate Chops:



Jeff and Sam had a ton of fun. Mick and I were ready to get warm:



Funny Photo. For lunch the other day Sam had bread, cheese, and yogurt a la carte. He asked for a basket as well. I came in to check on him and found this. Apparently he is paying attention during church.




Big News. Sam is binky free. The binky fairy came Monday night and took his binkies to the new babies that need them more than he does. He loves the hot wheels that she left him but he (and I) had a couple of rough nights and days. Last night when he was getting ready for bed he told Jeff that he doesn't have a binky anymore because the binky fairy gave it to the babies. He seems to have successfully completed his five stages of mourning: shock, denial, anger, resignation and acceptance. Now on to our next challenge . . . the potty.

1 comment:

Paul/Heather said...

Love the updates and your family.
Hope all is well...spring is still crappy here at home!
My uncle in Cali is cleaning his pool today...sometimes I wonder why I am here in Utah when winter is 7 months too long!