Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wisconsin Dells

First of all, HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY to my little boy. I can't believe he is one year old today. I love him so much and am grateful every minute that he's mine. Love you Mickers!





Last weekend we drove to Wisconsin Dells, WI. We spent two awesome days swimming at waterparks and playing with friends. We stayed at a huge condo and had so much fun. My favorite part was just hanging out without any cares. Jeff loved the huge slides even though he went home wounded (he bumped his side on a waterslide). Sam discovered the wave pool and will never be the same. He loved wearing the life jacket and going up and down with the waves. Mick loved the lazy river and was content with everything else except the crib. He ended up sleeping with Jeff, Sam and I in our king-size bed. Four in a bed is not conducive to a restful night. The funniest part of the trip was eating dinner at a vegetarian joint. We drove past a restaurant called "The Cheese Factory" and thought it sounded very Wisconsin-esque. It was a quaint little restaurant that served wonderful desserts and soda fountain drinks, but no meat. Jeff was a good sport and ate his "Big Cheese" (meatless cheeseburger) with a smile. We had so much fun that I hardly took any pictures. Here are a couple of pictures of the boys before we left Friday morning, Mick on the lazy river, and napping at the pool:




Here are a couple of videos of my little fish.






Yes, that is Mick grabbing the camera at the end.

3 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

I love vacation that are like that they have the most memories. It looks like you guys have so much fun, I can't belive that your baby is one he is so cute they both look like you! I miss you so much, I'm glad that we have blogs to see what is going on in eachother lives!

Michelle said...

what a fun little get away! I can't believe how brave he is just floating around by himself! how cool! Damon is a dare devil..but not so much in a big pool yet. I need a road trip!

Nate and Heidi said...

I went to Wisconsin Dells last year and stayed at a water park! They are super fun- I wish we had one in Utah.