Sam is potty trained. Mostly. We've still got night-time to worry about. I'm excited that all the waiting and wondering paid off and he decided he was ready. Jeff is stoked the diaper bill has just been cut in half. Sam is probably the most excited of all. He tells everyone that he wears underpants. He went to the bathroom at church and exclaimed to everyone in the hall, "Hey guys, I wear underpants now."
After sharing time Sam came up to me and told me he needed to go "seriously." I told him to wait by the restroom and I'd be right behind him. I went out looking for him and he wasn't there. I thought maybe he went to his class. Not there either. I went back to the bathroom to see if he was inside. Another teacher noticed the small panic in my eyes and told me he was in the men's restroom. She said she found him standing outside the door with his pants down so she let him in. I opened the door a tiny bit to call his name but instead I saw him pulling his pants up. He used the urinal all by himself.
He just decided last night he wanted to use the potty and that was it.
On a similar note Mick has found a new interest in his own "pee pee maker." I guess watching Sam has opened his eyes.
They grow up so fast!

4 comments:
YAY!!! I love it! So happy for Sam!
I'm hoping that's how Chloe's gonna do it....she's definitely aware of how the whole process works...but so far seems uninterested in participating....maybe she'll just decide to do it some day!
That is so nice for you potty traing is the best thing!
Congrats! Such a good day.
Post a Comment