But first, one last look at me. This is on Labor Day when we decided to pick some apples as a family. I'm 37 weeks plus 1 day pregnant.
This is me the next day! I had contractions all night (every five minutes) but they weren't painful so I just laid in bed and waited until Jeff came home from work in the morning. Yep, he's been on the night shift. We dropped Mick off at his first day of preschool and Sam off at a friend's house and left for the hospital. I was 5 cm dilated when I got there (about 10:00 a.m.) and the contractions were still five minutes apart. Before they started the spinal a couple hours after lunch (I don't remember the exact time) they checked me and I was close to 7 cm dilated. The contractions were still five minutes apart and weren't all that bad. I was totally bummed that these babies were coming via C-section 'cause labor was a piece of cake - so far.
The spinal was icky. My blood pressure dropped really low so they gave me some meds to get it back up. This led to a pain in my head and neck that I can't even explain. It was like a quadruple migraine in the front of my head and the back of my neck. I thought I was going to die...seriously. They got me feeling "normal" and numb right as Jeff walked in to join the party. The actual procedure was not that bad. I think I actually enjoyed laying there with zero pregnancy pain.
In just a matter of minutes our babies were born!
Lucille Esther
5 lbs. 13 oz.
18 1/4"
Maxwell Miller
6 lbs. 3 oz.
19"
Jeff, Lucy, and Mom
Max (Baby B) and Lucy
Grandma holding Lucy. Lucy stayed in the intermediate special care nursery for monitoring after she struggled with hypothermia, hypoglycemia, and a tricky little heart that needed to be watched for a couple of days. She had an IV in her head to administer antibiotics until the culture came back negative.
They hardly got to spend any time together after they were born.
Lucy (left) and Max (right)
Sam had his first day of school on Thursday then got to come to the hospital to see his new siblings. He was more interested in the cartoons on the Disney channel.
Mick with Max. They found the television more entertaining than the pink little blob that did nothing. I don't have pictures of them with Lucy since she was in the other nursery.
Lucy heading home.
Max heading home.
Lucy's first bath at home.
Welcome Home Max (L) and Lucy (R)!
10 years ago
16 comments:
Oh Carrie they are adorable. Congratulations. I wish I could just run on over and squeeze ya, good job mommy! :) Love you!
Awww....yay!! Can't wait to snuggle 'em...and watch them grow up next door! Way to go Momma!
Congratulations!
Nikki
Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! I love the names:)
Congratulations, Carrie! They are adorable! I am so glad they are finally here - let the fun begin. :)
Oh my they are so cute!! And I love those names- adorable!!! Congrats!!!
They are so cute I'm so glad that everything went well for you I hope you get some sleep and enjoy them so cute and sweet. Congratulations!!!!!
yea!!!!!!!! Carrie, I love them! I'm so glad that it went well, and that they are both healthy! I am so so so happy for you! I wish we lived closer so that I could help out in some way. I'm glad your mom is there. They are such beautiful babies.
oh my heck carrie! they are so cute! twins! crazy! so excited for you guys!
wahooooo!!!! i'm so excited for you guys. ConGrATs on your beautiful new additions!
Congratulations Carrie!!! They're so adorable and I'm impressed that you are blogging already :) Thanks!
I am emotional.
I cant even imagine the joy and the chaos. :)
So so so so happy for your family.
I wanted to thank your mom for calling me! I would have driven there if you were even a day away. :)
LOVE those babies cheeks!
Oh CareBear! They are so precious. I'm glad your mom and dad are there with you. You will have you hands full, but you can do it! You're the woman!!
Yeah Carrie and Jeff! Can you believe you did it?! My girls think those are the cutest babies they've ever seen!
Congrats! Those are some cute babies you have. Hope recovery is going well for you.
Hooray! I went into labor last year on "Labor Day" night and had Ellie before the first day of school started. What a busy time! They are both so darling!!!!!!
Post a Comment