Monday, April 14, 2008

Labor

Whoa!
It's not what you think. The labor I'm referring to is manual, not pregnancy related. Jeff was in beautiful, warm San Diego for a few days last week giving a presentation at the 32nd Annual American Society of Breast Disease Symposium, staying at a very nice Hilton resort, and making his family proud by winning 2nd place for his presentation. Meanwhile, I was still in Minnesota with 2 days of rain and even some snow, painting my basement, and taking Tylenol to ease the pain of paint-squatting. But it's done (we have a few touch up things left to do - hand rail, trim, lights, outlets, etc) and the hard part is over. I'm almost (almost) actually looking forward to other labor now. It will be much shorter and yield a much greater reward!

I'll post some pictures when we get it cleaned up a little bit more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW i am the first to respond i feel special... that is great that jeff got 2nd place... he learned that from me. Anyways Carrie you are amazing keep it up

Shellie said...

Seriously Carrie you are amazing, I can't believe you have done all that work by yourself! WAY TO GO! Your husband is lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

Just a few touch up things? We finished painting conference weekend and have been working on the touch up things for a week and half now. Hope you're a little faster than we are.

kateworthi said...

You are my hero Carrie. I luv ya!