Monday night is known as conference night around these parts. Jeff was at the hospital until 7:00 listening to other doctors and meeting with a journal club. It's the only night when I know about what time he'll be home. 7:15 - the hour of deliverance. Keep that in mind.
Sam and I had a busy shopping day on Monday - Lowes, Target, Kirkland Home. Later that evening we had dinner, bath-time, and were just waiting for daddy to come home. Sam was watching some cartoons on television while I did some touch up painting in the basement. I see Sam go upstairs out of the corner of my eye and think nothing of it. Usually he gets a new toy or a blankie and comes right back downstairs. After a couple of minutes I start to think, "Hmmm...I wonder what he's doing up there. It's awfully quiet." As soon as the thought entered my head - CRASH!
He'd gotten the pantry door open and found the flour container. It's no small feat to get it out of the closet. It's tucked away on a shelf behind big storage buckets and a kitchen-aid mixer. Well, he did it and here's the result. At 7:10 I took pictures without saying a word and decided that daddy could clean it up since I KNEW he was going to be home in 5 minutes.
Time to buy the door locks for knobs.
Sam and I had a busy shopping day on Monday - Lowes, Target, Kirkland Home. Later that evening we had dinner, bath-time, and were just waiting for daddy to come home. Sam was watching some cartoons on television while I did some touch up painting in the basement. I see Sam go upstairs out of the corner of my eye and think nothing of it. Usually he gets a new toy or a blankie and comes right back downstairs. After a couple of minutes I start to think, "Hmmm...I wonder what he's doing up there. It's awfully quiet." As soon as the thought entered my head - CRASH!
He'd gotten the pantry door open and found the flour container. It's no small feat to get it out of the closet. It's tucked away on a shelf behind big storage buckets and a kitchen-aid mixer. Well, he did it and here's the result. At 7:10 I took pictures without saying a word and decided that daddy could clean it up since I KNEW he was going to be home in 5 minutes.
Time to buy the door locks for knobs.


(Eating handfuls of flour.)
(The cut on his nose is from earlier that day.)
5 comments:
Did he like the taste of that stuff? That is so funny. Good job not saying anything, I would of screamed.
Dang his father must have taught him that.... know bein a DR and all
He looks SO innocent in the picture with his mouth full of flour! Ha ha!
When you commented on my blog about flour eating - I didn't get it. But now I do , and I LOVE it. I wonder what made him think that was tasty? It's so nice to read about other people's kids getting in trouble, and not just mine! :)
He looks so innocent!! SO did Dad make it home in time to clean up?
Post a Comment