Monday, April 20, 2009

Health Challenge 2009

I'm on a roll. I just finished Biggest Loser 2009 with some ladies and came in second place. Today I'm starting Health Challenge 2009. It's 12 weeks of developing better eating habits and overall mental/spiritual well-being. Here are the 10 things you get points for each day:

* 7 hours of sleep
* 48 ounces of water
* 45 minutes of exercise
* eat 2 servings of veggies & 2 servings of fruit
* no sweets or sugar
* no eating after 8 pm
* no soda/fast food
* 15 minutes scripture study
* one journal entry
* tell Jeff how much I love and appreciate him

There are some exceptions (like if it's your birthday or you're sick) but hopefully they won't apply to me in the next 12 weeks. You also get 10 "free" points a week so there is some flexibility.

Well, I guess this counts for my journal entry today. Since this blog and scrapbooking are my only "journals" you'll be reading more from me (at least for the next 12 weeks).

Wish me luck! There is some money involved so now you know my motivation - other than being healthier.

6 comments:

Paul/Heather said...

Congrats on the weight loss. THAT IS A HARD BATTLE! (at least it is for me)
Good luck!

Kristin said...

Congrats on second! Way to go. I thought about doing this challenge, but the soda factor made me know how I would loose, so I didn't even start.

kateworthi said...

believe me - I'm impressed that Carrie is going to do it b/c of the soda factor Kris! :) Just a little dig there Care - sorry! :)
Good luck - you're a better woman than I!
And fun pics from Easter! Thanks for posting them!

Michelle said...

that's great Care....since I'm dealing with this gestational diabetes crap, it's amazing how adjusting one big part of life (for me - a very strict diet) - can make so many parts of life kind of become more structured also. Good luck with this great challenge! love ya!

Carrie said...

Thanks guys and trust me, I'm not giving up soda. That's what the 10 bonus points will be for!

Nerd - not geek said...

Are you off Diet Coke?