Friday, May 2, 2008

100 Things About Me


Here's 100 things you probably didn't know about me and wish I hadn't told you. You can see from the photo above that I am completely casting aside all inhibitions and ready to embarrass myself. Aren't the pre-teen years so awkward?
  1. I am a night owl. Mornings and I do not get along.


  2. I've thrown-up nearly every day for the past eight months.


  3. I love to scrapbook but have not done any since I was pregnant with Sam - 3 years ago!


  4. I collect children's' books and love to read young adult books. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something if I read a book in one or two days!


  5. I'm not a phone person. I'm all about keeping 'em short and sweet.


  6. I'm the baby in my family.


  7. I'm one-quarter Italian, but my sister got the dark hair and olive skin. I'm jealous.


  8. I don't enjoy cooking. I love to eat, but not cook. Too much prep time and cleaning time. Totally lazy, I know.


  9. I hate to be late to anything.


  10. I love diet coke. Fountain drinks are the best, then cans, then plastic bottles.


  11. My favorite food is crisp, sweet watermelon.


  12. I'm allergic to nickel. Cuts down on the jewelry shopping!


  13. The only seafood I like to eat is halibut. Not very fishy when fresh.


  14. I still have my blankie from when I was little. It's very old and worn and I'm afraid to wash it in case it disintegrates.


  15. I played the guitar in middle school. I remember nothing.


  16. The spelling of my name was inspired by Carrie Fisher (aka Princess Leia from Star Wars).


  17. I've never seen the original Star Wars movies.


  18. My favorite book is The Secret Garden.


  19. I think raw carrots are spicy.


  20. Sometimes I can be very social and other times I just like to stay home. Just depends on my mood.


  21. I have a real fear of having all boys. I know it's unfounded and ridiculous, but there you go.


  22. I almost drowned in the Colorado river while white-water rafting. Let's just say I learned the hard way that you should ALWAYS wear a life jacket. That was possibly my stupidest moment.


  23. I think I will always drive either a Honda or a Volvo.


  24. I love camping and hiking. 'Nuff said.


  25. I really hate spiders and big bugs (like praying mantis size). Gross.


  26. I knew I was going to marry my husband on our first date.


  27. I had total misconceptions about what life would be like married to a doctor.


  28. I'm a pretty laid-back person (I think). I like to plan the bare minimum and just "go with the flow." I get that from my dad.


  29. Although, now that I've said that, I'm a very "all or nothing" kind of person. If I start a project I have to finish it (remodeling, books, crafts, cleaning, etc).


  30. I like to paint (rooms, not pictures).


  31. I can't sing, draw, or play a musical instrument.


  32. I love my freckles.


  33. I love when my skin is tan (I know, I know - I'll take the risk).


  34. I think I've had one good hair day. It's anniversary is coincidentally the same day I was married.


  35. I bite my nails, lips, and the inside of my mouth.


  36. I enjoy popping zits. There, I said it.


  37. I probably know more Neil Diamond songs than any other music artist. I've been to three concerts.


  38. My favorite cookie is peanut butter. I haven't had a peanut butter cookie in a year and a half. (My son is allergic to peanuts.) Sometimes I sneak peanut M&M's after he's asleep then brush my teeth.


  39. I was proposed to twice before I met Jeff.


  40. I had my gallbladder removed when I was 17.


  41. One of the biggest disappointments in my life was not being the Math Sterling Scholar my senior year of high school. Total nerd.


  42. I was never asked to a school dance. I didn't date until I was in college.


  43. I dated four or five engineers before I figured out that they were too weird. (I graduated as an engineer, but I like to consider myself somewhat normal?)


  44. I vowed never to go on another blind date until my mom kept bugging me to meet Jeff. I finally gave in and decided a free meal couldn't hurt anybody.


  45. My favorite day of the year is Christmas Eve.


  46. I hate horror movies. I don't care if they're rated PG and made by Disney (if you've seen "The Watcher in the Woods" you know what I mean). I also hate "E.T."


  47. I don't like to shave my legs. In fact, I went a whole year in high school without shaving them because someone dared me. Not much of a dare if you ask me.


  48. I was the lead role in our church's roadshows twice in a row. They asked me to lip sync when it was time to sing since I was wearing a microphone.


  49. I ran away from home when I was younger. My mom helped me pack (the roller skates took up almost the whole suitcase). I made it down the street and came back home.


  50. I like my smile. I love to laugh so hard that it hurts.


  51. I want a tummy tuck someday.


  52. I want to hire someone to clean my bathrooms and dust my house. I don't mind vacuuming. The kids can do the laundry and dishes!


  53. I think wind is the worst weather element. It makes rainy days, snowy days, and even nice, sunny days worse.


  54. I had a huge crush on Sully (Joe Lando) when Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman was on t.v.


  55. I broke a teacher's leg in the fourth grade (accident). She was walking backward during gym time explaining an activity while the class sat Indian-style and "listened". I had my legs out and was talking to a friend, looking the other way. She tripped over my leg which I then pulled in rather quickly and felt bad the next day when I saw her in a full leg cast.


  56. I hate grammar (you can probably tell by reading #55).


  57. I love math.


  58. I like to crochet and am slowly learning to knit.


  59. I went into labor with Sam after I danced at a company Christmas party to Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline."


  60. I've fainted 4 times.


  61. I held the 7th-grade girls' record for the "most sit-ups done in one minute." I can't remember the exact number - seventy something.


  62. I couldn't climb the rope in gym if my life depended on it.


  63. I was mowed over by a huge dog when I was little and am still afraid of big dogs even now.


  64. I don't like cats.


  65. I hate the sight of blood.


  66. I love spinning (riding a stationary bike so long and hard that you leave sweat puddles on the floor).


  67. I'm afraid of heights, but I love to ride roller coasters and rock climb.


  68. I para sailed over Martha's Vineyard, Atlantic Ocean. It was awesome.


  69. I'm not much of a gardener, but I'd like to be.


  70. I love being a mom.


  71. I love when my house is clean and the laundry is done. I wish it happened more often.


  72. I hate when people interrupt me or each other.


  73. I wish I had a better memory. I can remember faces but names, dates, and details often escape me.


  74. I'm a really bad judge of distance and time.


  75. During my last year of college I went to the Salt Lake LDS Temple every Friday morning before classes to perform baptisms. It was an awesome year and I don't think I could have made it to graduation without the help!


  76. I hate when it's so cold outside that your boogers freeze.


  77. I'm not a fan of Rochester winters.


  78. I'm not a fan of the restaurant selection in Rochester either.


  79. Other than numbers 77 and 78 above, I love living in Rochester.


  80. I love the smell of gasoline, wet cement, and coffee beans.


  81. I hate the smell of seafood, cooked cauliflower, and indoor zoo exhibits.


  82. I don't think I could live in an Asian country. Everything (food, language, written characters) seems "too" foreign.


  83. I'd also be okay with never visiting Russia (Jeff's mission) unless we stayed in 5-star hotels in big cities.


  84. I really want to go on a self-guided tour of the U.S. in a motor home.


  85. I'm very organized and detail oriented. I get that from my mom.


  86. I love my family so much. I'm so glad they're mine.


  87. I love to de-clutter and take things to Goodwill. It's like a natural high.


  88. I'd rather shop at Target than Wal-mart any day - but sometimes the price just can't be beat.


  89. I'm very familiar with the layout of Home Depot.


  90. I miss driving a manual transmission. Sometimes I take Jeff's truck just so I can shift some gears.


  91. I don't really have a grasp on how the stock market works. It sounds confusing and boring at the same time.


  92. I hate politics. I respect very few politicians since I think they're all lying and saying what the public wants to hear.


  93. I voted for Bill Clinton his first term. I regret that.


  94. I love my Dad's flower garden. My wedding reception was in my parents' backyard because it is so beautiful and nice.


  95. I think having high water pressure in the shower is very nice. Maybe the next house.


  96. I was told once by an Einstein Bagel employee that I looked like Gwyneth Paltrow. I laughed so hard I snorted. I've also been told that I look like LeAnn Rimes. Whatever.


  97. I made fun of country music and the people who listened to it until I met Jeff. I still can't stand the twangy stuff.


  98. My favorite music group is Indigo Girls. I went to a concert once and was "hit on" by another woman. My sister held my hand to let the lady know that I was "taken."


  99. I talk to my sister on a web cam nearly every weekday.


  100. I can't believe I've listed this many things about myself. Sorry if you were bored or disturbed. One more thing...I love being me.

    9 comments:

    Michelle said...

    okay, you are hilarious....i wasn't bored or disturbed...just laughing the whole time i read it! there were like 20 things i wanted to comment on....and now i can't remember..i'd re-read it, but my allergies are so bad, my eyes feel like they have needles poking in them, and i'm squinting to even be looking at my computer right now....i loved sully too, i knew you were going to marry jeff after your first date, i remember when you didn't shave your legs for a year, i had totally forgot that you'd been purposed to already, I can't believe you haven't seen star wars, the popping zits thing was hilarious (my husband loves it too - gross!), and i can't believe you throw up every day! You poor thing! Love you!

    JoAnna said...

    LOVE IT!!!!! My favorite music group is Indigo Girls too!!! I knew I liked you. And about the interrupting thing... Our group of friends is THEE WORST at that! It's almost comical. What else?? I don't remember but I LOVED all of this and thank you so much for sharing!!!!

    carlyl said...

    So I say we fill up a swimming pool with Diet Coke and go hog wild, what do you think? Oh and how do you like camping and hiking but HATE bugs??? Don't they go together? I think you look like Leanne Rimes too. She is pretty. (I am not saying that in an "Indigo Fashion"~ glad your sis came to the rescue though.

    kateworthi said...

    You make me laugh. I just LOVE learning so much about you! The weird thing is, you didn't seem to have any trouble coming up with 100 things - not ONE of them was forced. I think we have a lot in common too - that must be what I like about you! :) ...Except, I know I interrupt people a lot. SOrry. I bet Jo was hugely referring to me! :) But I do try to come back to the person I interrupted and let them talk At least I know I do it.... Anyway, I love Indigo Girls too. Also, your friend Michelle, did you guys go to high school together? I'm pretty sure I went to HS with her husband - and she totally looks familiar. Maybe we could make that connection...

    kateworthi said...

    PS - I forgot to comment on the SWEET picture of you. It's just so awesome - no words can express! I can't believe I know the same girl. And that HAIR! Among other things, it looks like it used to be brown - maybe you've got the Italian genes after all - you're just suppressing it with highlights! :)

    gassins said...

    Great list carrie! LOVED IT! I could read 100 more!

    Kristin said...

    Love the list, I am right there with you on the Sully crush, watche the show religiously. Check out my list, there is a link on the side of my blog.

    Anonymous said...

    dang thats amazin carrie.... to be honest with you i didnt read them all... you know that whole attention span thing... speakin of which i should be studyin math

    Anonymous said...

    Carrie,I also enjoy popping zits. It is disgusting, but I am very intrigued by it. You are almost there, hope all goes well.