Monday, June 23, 2008

Magical Baby Wipes (Blog 5 of 6)


This is my testimonial to the majesty of baby wipes. I will always have them in my house, bag, car, etc. long after my kids have grown. I use them to dust, clean my car, clean the bathrooms and kitchen, clean bums, hands, and faces; now I use them to clean my carpet.

Sam spilled chocolate milk on our carpet last week. It's not great carpet to begin with (not even good). I tried two different carpet spot removers to no avail. Finally I got the baby wipes out and scrubbed until the stain was no more. They worked so good! But alas, they worked too good. Now I was left with a nice, bright, clean spot in the middle of my floor. What to do? I rented a Rug Doctor and went to work. I cleaned every room upstairs once. It definitely cleaned the carpets because the "soiled water" tank was nasty. It reminded me of all the pictures of flood waters we've been seeing on the news lately. I then cleaned the living room a second time and still more dirt and grime was removed from the carpet. But, dear friends, the Rug Doctor is not as magical as baby wipes. It did not magically change the color of my carpet, nor could it equal the power of the baby wipe. I'm still left with a clean spot in the middle (arrow on the right), a high traffic dirt path (top arrow), and original carpet color from where the couch has always sat (left arrow). And yes, I thought of cleaning the entire carpet with baby wipes. The thought quickly passed.

1 comment:

angela said...

I have carpet woes myself. I don't think that kids and carpet mix at all.
It was fun to visit a bit with Jeff at the chief roast on Saturday night. It was hilarious, I hope that he gave you some details, if not, I need to share some funny stories with you!
Enjoy your sister. My sisters visits over the years are possibly my happiest times of my life.
-Angela