Saturday, December 6, 2008

Santa's Rescue

Dear Santa,

We braved the frigid weather today to see you. We heard you were coming to Rochester so we bundled up and drove downtown. It was only 13 degrees outside and windy, but we had to show you that we believe. Daddy and I rode on the horse carriage while Mick and Mommy waited inside the warm Marriott hotel. I had fun but was very cold. After the ride we had hot cocoa and checked out your reindeer. They were really friendly. Mrs. Claus came by and told us that you were stuck on top of a building and the Rochester Fire Department had been called to come rescue you. You were silly telling us how the reindeer had dropped you off and left you there so they could come see the kids. It was neat to see you. We can't wait for Christmas. We will leave some cookies and carrots for you and the reindeer.

Love,
Sam


Sam getting off the carriage ride. He was ready to come inside and get warm.



Santa's reindeer. We think they're Blitzen and Dasher.



Santa coming down from the roof via the fire truck's rescue basket.



HO HO HO!



Rochester Fire Department to the rescue! The firemen got a big round of applause for saving Santa.



A right jolly old elf.



Another 'black and white' of Mick. Couldn't resist!

He's teething right now so we had a pretty bad night yesterday. I actually fell asleep while feeding him tonight around 7:30 PM. He's pretty miserable without the Tylenol and Orajel. Thank heavens for medicine. I couldn't be a sane mother without them.



2 comments:

JoAnna said...

How incredibly fun!! I love the pics and your new blog is AMAZING!!! Cutest one ever!! Jealous!

Kristin said...

Brave kid, he should get a ton of pressents from the big guy for braving that cold day.