Thursday, December 18, 2008

Word Association

If you asked me what comes to mind when I hear the word "recently", then I would reply as follows...

(Set to the tune of the Twelve Days of Christmas)

12 trips to the toilet

11 loads of laundry

10 nasty diapers

9 hours of cartoons

8 saltine crackers

7 ounces of sprite

6 emergency baths

5 degrees below ZEROOO

4 inches of snow

3 trips to the doctor

2 hours of sleep, and

1 NASTY STOMACH FLU



Seriously, the last few days have been bad. Sam is the only one unscathed by the virus. Mimi took it home with her to Utah. Mick has been sick since Friday. I'm doing better, and Jeff's hanging in there. On the bright side, Mick is still a very happy baby and sleeping well despite only living on a few ounces a day. Sam did very well during the worst of it watching cartoons for a very long time, and I've gotten off to a great start on my new year's resolution to lose weight. Three cheers for blessings in (a big, ugly, nasty) disguise.

3 comments:

Mrs Starling said...

So now I know why we haven't seen YOU guys! :) Hope you're feelin better!! I applied to Winona state to hopefully get my master's for nurse administration. We'll see if they take me... All the classes would be here in Rochester....and part time would only take 6 semesters. I figure I might as well while Mayo will pay for it!

Nielsen Family said...

I'm sorry that you have the flu I hope that skips us this year. At least you guys will hopfully be feeling better by Christmas. Merry Christmas to you I hope you have a wonderful healthy holiday!!!

Kristin said...

Only ten diapers, your doing pretty good in my eyes.